[mla-nynj] SBU OA Symposium Call for Proposals

Jessica Koos jessica.koos at stonybrook.edu
Wed May 30 13:57:10 UTC 2018

**Please excuse cross-postings*CALL FOR PANELISTS/ LIGHTNING TALKS/
PRESENTED POSTERSVALUES AND ETHICS IN OPEN ACCESS2018 STONY BROOK
UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES OPEN ACCESS SYMPOSIUM FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2018LOCATION
Stony Brook, NYOPEN DATE May 17, 2018DEADLINE July 17, 2018Values and
Ethics in Open Access, the 2018 Stony Brook University Open Access
Symposium, is inviting applications for panelists, lightning talks, and
presented posters.  In keeping with this year’s theme, we’re interested in
speakers and posters that reflect the role of values and ethics in open
access environments, systems, and practices. We welcome applications on
myriad open access topics, including: open access policy, OER, open science
& biomedicine, open humanities & social sciences, digital collections,
predatory publishing, copyright, and scholarly communication. APPLY We will
receive and review applications until July 17, 2018.  Panels are 45
minutes, with 15 minutes of Q & A. Lightning talks are 7 minutes.  Be
prepared to submit your poster when you apply. Registration fees are waived
for participants. APPLY HERE
<http://stonybrook.libsurveys.com/oacfp-2018>LEARN MORE Review the 2017
Stony Brook University Libraries Open Access Symposium
<http://library.stonybrook.edu/scholarly-communication/open-access-symposium-2017/>,
or contact Darren Chase, Head of Scholarly Communication.Email
darren.chase at stonybrook.edu <darren.chase at stonybrook.edu>Call 631.632.9830*

--
Jessica Koos, MLS, AHIP
Health Sciences Librarian