[mla-nynj] Position Announcement: Clinical and Systems Librarian, Weill Cornell Medicine NY, NY

Diana Delgado did2005 at med.cornell.edu
Thu Jul 27 16:41:03 UTC 2017

The Samuel J. Wood Library and the C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center is the information hub of Weill Cornell Medicine.  We are seeking a Clinical and Systems Librarian who will expand our already robust clinical and systematic reviews services.  This position also will be responsible for management of our performance management system, the Balanced Scorecard.  Additionally, this position will provide support to our systems staff, and be on the project team to implement our ALMA installation.  This position will also be important in developing a new suite of services utilizing Balanced Scorecard.

Reporting to the Associate Director of Information, Education and Clinical Services, the Clinical and Systems Librarian will partner with our clinical, systematic reviews, electronic resources and leadership teams to expand current services and stand up new services that benefit research at Weill Cornell Medicine.

A Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution is required.  Candidates must have the ability to meet WCMC requirements for appointment at the academic rank of Assistant Librarian, including a record of professional achievement, research/scholarship and service.

Experience in an academic medical center library, with an understanding of modern medical education, research, and clinical care is critical. Most important, we are seeking a candidate with balanced scorecard experience, clinical library experience, and the ability to collaborate on a systematic review team. Such a candidate will have a mature sense of priorities and be able to manage the various responsibilities this position entails.

Salary, while negotiable, is commensurate with experience.

A complete job description can be found at https://library.weill.cornell.edu/about-us/staff/career-opportunities-and-internships.  Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV by August 4, 2017.  Please e-mail cover letter and curriculum vitae to librecruiting at med.cornell.edu<mailto:librecruiting at med.cornell.edu> with "Clinical and Systems Librarian" included in the subject line.

Diana Delgado, MLS, AHIP
Associate Director, Information, Education and Clinical Services
Weill Cornell Medicine
Samuel J. Wood Library & C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center
1300 York Avenue Room C-115
New York, NY 10065-4896
(P)646-962-2550
(F)212-746-6494