[mla-nynj] Amendment to the Chapter Bylaws

Mary Joyce mkj6421 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:27:34 UTC 2014

Are we voting on this if so I vote yay.

Mary K

From: rtmackes at gmail.com
To: mla-nynj at nynjmla.org
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 15:20:33 -0400
Subject: [mla-nynj] Amendment to the Chapter Bylaws

Posting for Joanne Jahr… /rtm  To bring the Chapter into compliance with national MLA and Robert's Rules of Order, we have to amend Article IV. Meetings. Section 3. Quorum.  Currently, "...the presence of 10% of the voting members shall constitute a quorum."  That wording has to be amended, replacing the percentage with an actual number.  Therefore:
Article IV, Meetings, Section 3 Quorum will be amended to read as follows:
At all regular and special meetings the presence of 10 members of the voting members shall constitute a quorum.

This amendment is to be voted upon by the membership at the October 24th meeting.

Joanne Jahr, MLS, Bylaws Chair