[mla-nynj] NN/LM MAR Wants to Make Sure You Don't Miss Out

Harvey, Missy mjharvey at pitt.edu
Tue Sep 30 21:51:03 UTC 2014

Contents

Time is Running Out:  Win a Trip to MLA 2015!

Tornadoes, Chemical Spills, Flooding, Are You Prepared?  10-Step Approach to Service Continuity Planning

Time is Running Out:  Win a Trip to MLA 2015!
Time is running out for you to share the great work you do every day!  Deadline to share and be entered for a trip to MLA 2015 is Oct. 4th.
October is National Medical Librarians Month.  MAR would like to acknowledge the valuable work our medical librarians do by sharing your accomplishments, programs or value-added services with others.
We are asking you to send us your stories about any unique programs you developed, any outreach to the community you participated in, or any other value added services you offer to your organization or institution.
With your permission, we will share your stories on the MAR website throughout the month of October. Anyone who has made a submission by Oct. 4th will be entered into a random drawing to receive an award to cover registration and airfare to MLA 2015 in Austin, Texas.
We can't wait to make you a "Star" - submit your story to nnlmmar at pitt.edu<mailto:nnlmmar at pitt.edu> today!  (Multiple entries may be received from the same library, but please only one entry per person.)

Tornadoes, Chemical Spills, Flooding, Are You Prepared?  10-Step Approach to Service Continuity Planning

Presenter:       Missy Harvey, Technology & Communication Coordinator, NN/LM MAR

Dates:               Wednesday, October 8 and Thursday, October 9, 2014 / 10-11:30 am (ET)

Where:             Online

Details:             http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=489

Summary:  The goals of the class are to raise awareness of the need for emergency preparedness, response planning, and to provide tools for enhancing preparedness for librarians. Participants will learn how to conduct a basic risk assessment for their libraries, how to craft a basic emergency preparedness plan, strategies for continuing library services from off-site, and options for obtaining assistance, both web-based resources and through the NN/LM Emergency Preparedness & Response structure.

Participants who attend the webinar and complete a short practice exercise will receive 5 MLA CEs.