[mla-nynj] Revised Announcement: NLM Needs Your Feedback on a New System to Replace LocatorPlus

Missy Harvey mjharvey at pitt.edu
Thu Aug 1 18:50:38 UTC 2013

    Attention LocatorPlus Users: NLM Needs Your Feedback on a New System
    to Replace LocatorPlus

The National Library of Medicine started the new /Discovery and Delivery
Platform Project/ in June 2013.  The goal is to implement a new
Web-based platform that provides innovative search and delivery of the
wide range of NLM collection resources.  The work will be carried out in
phases with the initial goal of replacing /LocatorPlus/, the NLM online
public access catalog at:
http://locatorplus.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&PAGE=First

To ensure the new platform will continue to support the work of NN/LM
libraries, we would like to informally gather information about your
experiences with /LocatorPlus/ and your needs and expectations for the
new platform. We understand that not all libraries can respond within
such a short timeframe.  But we hope to receive as much feedback as
possible.

Specifically, we hope to get feedback from staff who use /LocatorPlus/
for any of the following tasks in "resource" and "primary access"
libraries in each region:

  * Processing interlibrary loan (ILL) requests
  * Conducting searches for reference services
  * Searching and/or downloading NLM bibliographic records for
    cataloging materials
  * Web harvesting of NLM bibliographic and/or holdings data
  * Other related tasks

Provide general feedback on how /LocatorPlus/ meets your needs and what
we could improve.  Your comments can still be provided to Iris Lee at
leeir at mail.nlm.nih.gov <mailto:leeir at mail.nlm.nih.gov>.