[mla-nynj] Attention photographers! NY-NJ MLA needs you!

Nancy Glassman nancy.glassman at einstein.yu.edu
Mon Sep 24 17:12:36 UTC 2012

Dear Chapter Members,

Are you an aspiring photographer? Will you be attending Quad Chapter MLA Meeting in October?

Put your talents to good use.  NY-NJ MLA is looking for Chapter member(s) to take pictures at the meeting in Baltimore, especially of the gathering of members at the meeting  or anywhere there are members.  The photos would be used in the Chapters archives, website, and newsletter.

If you're interested, please contact Karen Hanson (karen.hanson at med.nyu.edu<mailto:karen.hanson at med.nyu.edu>) for details and instructions on how to submit your photos.

Thanks,
Nancy

P.S. Our Chapter is in need of an "Official" Photographer...or 2.  It is vitally important that we have a permanent record of our meetings and events.  Up until now, we have relied on the contribution of members, but we really need to have 1-2 people as designated photographers.

This would be a position on the Archives Committee and would, therefore, earn the photographer(s) AHIP points.  The photographer(s) would need a digital camera, blank CDs, and the ability to email photos to the newsletter editors, and arrange for the photos to go onto the Chapter's Facebook page and the chapter's archives.  People in the photos should be identified.

For new members/new librarians, this would be a great opportunity to get to know your colleagues!  And for those of us who have been members for a while, it is the opportunity to get to know people even better. Either way a great service to the Chapter is being performed!  Please let me know if you're interested, or have any questions.

Nancy R. Glassman, MLS, AHIP
Chair, NY-NJ MLA 2011-2012

D. Samuel Gottesman Library
Albert Einstein College of Medicine