[mla-nynj] MAR Invitation and Reminders

Missy Harvey mjharvey at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 22 20:40:56 UTC 2012

MAR would like to invite you to join us for our /Lunch with the RML/
session this week,
as well as reminding you about a couple of other things...

*You're Invited to Our Next FREE /Lunch with the RML/ Session*

    /*Award Recipient Project Reports*/

    Thursday, *October 25*, 2012
    Noon -- 1 pm

    *Where*: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/lunch2/

    *Awardee*:  Patricia Carroll-Mathes, Southeastern New York Library
    Resources Council (SENYLRC)
    *Project*: /Expanded Information Access for Public Health Workers: A
    Partnership between the Dutchess County Department of Health (DCDOH)
    and Southeastern New York Library Resources Council (SENYLRC)/

    *Awardee*:  Barbara Ciambor, Rochester Regional Library Council (RRLRC)
    *Project*: /Outreach Training to Unaffiliated Health Professionals
    in Rural Areas/
    //
    //*Awardees*:   Joanne Mullenbach and Bridget Conlogue, The
    Commonwealth Medical College
    *Project*: /Integrating Library Resources, Technology, and
    Point-Of-Care/
    //
    //*Awardees*:  Julia Sollenberger and Steve Clary, University of
    Rochester
    *Project*: /Spearheading the Transition to iPads in the Medical
    School Curriculum at the University of Rochester Medical Center/

    For details about these projects:
    http://nnlm.gov/mar/training/lunch_schedule.html

    1.    Beforehand, test your connection to ensure Adobe Connect will
    run on your computer:
    https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
    (NOTE: Only use Firefox or Internet Explorer)
    2.    Log-in at https://webmeeting.nih.gov/lunch2/ and allow Adobe
    Connect to call your phone.
    3.    If you're unable to connect online, then join us by phone:
    *1-888-450-5996*, Participant Code: *888072*.

*Share Your Story and Win a Trip to MLA 2013 in Boston!* (/Rule Change
as of 10/11/2012/)

    October is National Medical Librarians Month -- Share Your Story and
    Win a Trip to MLA 2013 in Boston!

    *-->  -->* *NOTE*:  There has been a change to the entry rules.
    Multiple entries may be received from the same library, but only ONE
    entry per person.

    MAR would like to celebrate medical librarians in our region.
    National Medical Librarians Month gives information professionals an
    opportunity to market their services and highlight their
    contributions to research, education and improved patient outcomes.
    Are you doing something to celebrate Medical Librarians Month?  If
    so, share your story by sending to nnlmmar at pitt.edu. If applicable,
    also share a photo depicting your activities/events.

    MAR will be collecting your stories and highlighting them in our
    blog and weekly postings throughout October.  All those that submit
    a story before Oct. 31st will be entered into a random drawing to
    receive an award to cover registration and airfare to MLA 2013.
    *Multiple entries may be received from the same library, but only
    ONE entry per person*.

    Be sure to check out MLA's promotional items and resources to market
    library services and value at:
    http://www.mlanet.org/resources/nml-month/

*Join Us November 13th for Our Next /Boost Box/ Session
*

    *MedPrint Overview and Update */ *November 13, 2012*

    *Presenter*: Martha Fishel, National Library of Medicine (NLM),
    Chief, Public Services Division

    *Description*:  The National Network of Libraries of Medicine
    (NN/LM) and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) are working
    together to ensure the preservation of and continued access to the
    literature through MedPrint, a national cooperative medical serials
    print retention program:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/psd/printretentionmain.html.

    Join us for an overview of the program, update on participation and
    to learn how you may contribute.

Sent to you by....

Missy Harvey
Technology & Communication Coordinator