[mla-nynj] FW: Quad meeting: need reps from all 4 chapters for judging paper/posters

Racheline G. Habousha Racheline.Habousha at einstein.yu.edu
Wed Oct 3 21:00:24 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

The Research Committee for the Quad meeting needs 3 volunteers from each chapter to judge research papers & posters.  3 chapter members volunteered back in June  but I was just informed that one of them will not be attending the meeting, so we're down to two.  Please let me know asap if you are interested so I can submit your name.

Here is the information and answers to  questions (see message below this one) regarding what is involved:

* Email will be sent before the meeting to let everyone know what they'll be judging

* Volunteers can read the abstract beforehand, but must attend the paper session.

* Abstracts are usually in the program and online.

* One of the criteria being judged for the paper is on the presentation itself.  There may also be information presented or answered that

    cannot be determined from the abstract alone.

* Posters will be judged during the poster session. This will give volunteers a chance to speak with the author to clarify anything or ask

   questions regarding their research.

* Another responsibility is to attend the Research Committee meeting after all papers and posters have been presented/judged.

* At the meeting,  people who have judged the same items can discuss their results and determine final winners for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Thanks!
~racheline
--
Racheline G. Habousha,  MSLS, AHIP