[mla-nynj] Fwd: Reminder - Chapter News for MLA News due November 12

McCrillis, Aileen Aileen.McCrillis at med.nyu.edu
Mon Nov 5 22:18:28 UTC 2012

FYI - see below regarding submissions to MLA News.

-Aileen

Begin forwarded message:

From: Julia Hause <Julia.Hause at tun.touro.edu<mailto:Julia.Hause at tun.touro.edu>>
Subject: Reminder - Chapter News for MLA News due November 12
Date: November 5, 2012 4:09:41 PM EST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;

Good afternoon,

I apologize for sending multiple emails, but I am still looking for a submission for the Chapter News column of the January 2013 issue of MLA News.  If your chapter has done anything important or interesting lately, please consider submitting a brief article to share with other MLA members.  If you would like to submit an article, please do so by November 12th, 2012.  See the message below for more information, and let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Julia Hause

Julia Hause, MLIS, AHIP
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Assistant Professor

Jay Sexter Library
Touro University Nevada
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Phone: (702) 777-1741
Fax:  (702) 777-1743
julia.hause at tun.touro.edu<mailto:julia.hause at tun.touro.edu>

I am currently seeking brief articles (700 words or less) for the Chapter News column of MLA News.  I am interested in articles describing recent meetings, events, projects, etc., that your chapter may have participated in or hosted.  If anything newsworthy has taken place involving your chapter during the last few months, I encourage you to share!  Anyone from your chapter can submit an article, so please let other members know about this opportunity.  For more information about submission guidelines, visit this page:  http://mlanet.org/publications/mlanews/.

Please keep in mind that this is an open call for submissions that has been sent to numerous individuals and MLA chapters.  I will gladly accept all submissions, but will only be able to publish relevant content on a first-come, first-served basis.  Submissions not used for the January issue may be used for future issues of MLA News.  All submissions are subject to editing and abridgement.  Thank you for your understanding.

If your chapter would like to submit an article for the Chapter News column in the January 2013 issue of MLA News, the deadline is November 12th, 2012.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from your chapter!