[mla-nynj] CE Classes at the NYNJ / NAHSL Annual Meeting

McGowan, Richard Richard.McGowan at med.nyu.edu
Wed Sep 28 15:56:05 UTC 2011

On the fence about taking a class?  Check out the broad spectrum of classes designed to fit a variety of educational needs.  In keeping with the economic times, the price for courses has not risen in five years so take advantage of this exceptional value!  Enjoy even more savings by getting your registration in before the “early-bird” deadline.  The line-up includes:

 *   EBM: Introduction to Study Design and Critical Appraisal (Connie Schardt) – 8 am - noon
 *   Cancer Concepts & Search Techniques (Jeannine Gluck) – 8 am - 2:45 pm
 *   Developing an Effective Strategic Plan for Your Library: Best Practices in Library Management (Cindy Sullivan) 1 pm -5 pm
 *   Behind Closed Doors: Politics in the Library (Barb Jones & Marty Magee) 1 p – 5 pm
 *   CME Resources and Technical Know-How: The Librarian’s Role (Hongjie Wang) 3 pm – 5 pm

If you are not sure about Barb and Marty’s course, here are some of the comments from the evaluations when they taught it at MLA in May:

 *   Great for seasoned & novice librarians
 *   I learned a great deal from this Course. The teachers did a great job with examples, ideas, and exercises. They were thought-provoking.
 *   One of the best courses I've ever taken at MLA!
 *   Out of all of the classes that I've taken at MLA, this class stands out as one of my favorites.
 *   Thank you! I feel much more comfortable, being able to "work the system", than I have in the past. Y'all are grand, and I'm sure that more        than just myself felt empowered at the end of your class.

Check out “all-things conference” on the NAHSL website: http://nahsl.libguides.com/nahsl2011

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.