[mla-nynj] METRO Mobile SIG meeting Feb. 24 -- mobile skins for library web sites

Nancy Glassman nancy.glassman at einstein.yu.edu
Fri Feb 5 19:43:51 UTC 2010

METRO's Smart Phone and Mobile Computing Special Interest Group will meet on Wednesday, February 24, 2010, from 3:00 to 4:30 at METRO Headquarters, 57 East 11th Street, 4th floor, New York, NY.

The topic will be: Mobile Versions/Skins for Library Web Sites

The speakers will be: Matt Benzing, Information Technology Librarian, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
Michael Lascarides, User Analyst, Strategic Planning, New York Public Library

This SIG is for librarians, from all types of libraries, interested in smart phones and other emerging mobile computer technologies, and exploring innovative ways libraries can use these technologies to enhance staff workflow, provide patron services, and support patrons who use these tools.

Whether you are already using a smartphone, tablet, PDA or are just curious about these gadgets, We hope you'll join us!

RSVP at http://bit.ly/mobilesig

If you have any questions contact one of the SIGs co-conveners:

Nancy Glassman, Albert Einstein College of Medicine 718-430-3108, nancy.glassman at einstein.yu.edu
Sarah Jewell, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center 646-643-4981, jewells at mskcc.org
Karen Schneiderman, Brooklyn Law School 718-780-7980, karen.schneiderman at brooklaw.edu

SIG Wiki: http://metro.org/collaborate/index.php/Smart_Phones_and_Mobile_Computing

On a related note, the Handheld Librarian Online Conference II <http://www.handheldlibrarian.org/> will be held next Wednesday and Thursday, February 17 and 18.  The Albert Einstein College of Medicine Library has registered for the conference at the group rate, and will be participating from the comfort of our conference room.  We have space for about 10 more people.  Contact me if you are interested in coming to the Bronx and joining us in person for all or part of this virtual conference.  We'll work out the logistics.

--
Nancy Glassman, MLS, AHIP
Systems Librarian