[mla-nynj] Register for NY/NJ MLA Chapter's Annual Mtg "Changing Currents" ASAP to be assigned to your preferred discussion groups

Gloria Willson gwillson at health.nyc.gov
Tue Aug 31 16:01:36 UTC 2010

"You cannot step into the same river twice, for fresh waters are ever
flowing in upon you" - Heraclitus

Dear Colleagues,

Please join us at the Annual Meeting of the NY/NJ MLA Chapter at the
Yonkers Riverfront Public Library (http://www.ypl.org/riverfront) on the
banks of the Hudson River on Wednesday, October 6, 2010.

The Program Committee has planned a special day based around the theme
"Changing Currents", and we hope that participants walk away empowered
to embrace the fluidity of our times.

We are honored to have Betsy Humphreys, Deputy Director of the National
Library of Medicine (NLM), as our keynote speaker this year.  The
program will also feature small group discussions where we will exchange
ideas, experiences, and our collective wisdom with the wider group on
the following series of topics:

*	Changing Roles: How are librarians embracing new roles within
their institution and

reinventing their models of service?

*	Changing Stewardship: What can different generations of
librarians teach each other?
*	Changing Economic Issues: How are librarians doing more with
less?
*	Changing Technology: Social Media/Educational Media/Electronic
Medical Records
*	Changing Perceptions: How are libraries demonstrating their
value within their institutions?
*	Changing Spaces:  Current and future look of the library space

Registration

In an effort to increase turnout and diversity of attendees, the Program
Committee has introduced special registration rates this year.  We will
be honoring other chapter or library association memberships to attend
at our member rate.

Registration fees:

$40 (Members) / $55 (Non-Members) / $25 (Student Members & Members
currently between positions)

Please reply as soon as possible in order to be assigned to your
preferred discussion groups.  The last day to register will be September
24th.

For more information and to register, visit the Chapter webpage at:
http://www.nynjmla.org/blog/annual-meetings/changing-currents/

Also, check out the summer issue of the Chapter Newsletter
<http://www.nynjmla.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/NYNJMLA_Summer_2
010_Newsletter.pdf>  for a preview of the Annual Meeting in the Fall.

Feel free to share this invite with other interested colleagues and see
you there!

The NY-NJ Chapter, Medical Library Association, Meeting Planning
Committee: Rhonda Allard, Marie Ascher, Deborah Crooke, Helen-Ann Brown
Epstein, Patti May, Tim Roberts, Bharathi Subramanian and Gloria
Willson.

Gloria Willson, MLS

Director, Public Health Library

The New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

455 First Avenue, Room 1200, New York, NY 10016

T: 212.447.8236  F: 212.447.8239

Email: gwillson at health.nyc.gov <mailto:%20gwillson at health.nyc.gov>

The New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene is now offering information important for the health of all New Yorkers.  To sign up for these new and valuable updates, log-on to our website at http://www.nyc.gov/health/email and select the NYC DOHMH updates you'd like to receive.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email is meant only for the use of the intended recipient.  It may contain confidential information that is legally privileged or otherwise protected by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.  Thank you for your cooperation.