[mla-nynj] UNYOC chapter meeting: you're invited!

Cunningham, Diana DIANA_CUNNINGHAM at NYMC.EDU
Thu Aug 26 17:17:11 UTC 2010

Dear New York-New Jersey Colleagues and Friends:
Greetings from (UNYOC)!
The date for the 2010 Annual Meeting of the Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter (UNYOC) of the Medical Library Association is set and the program is shaping up to be not only informative, but fun!
The dates for this year's meeting are Wednesday, October 13, through Friday, October 15 and will be held at the Renaissance Syracuse (soon to be re-named the Crowne Plaza Syracuse).
To book your room by calling 1-877-424-2449 under (Group Name: UNYOC, Group Code: NCA) at the conference rate of $115.00 for a single/double (not including applicable taxes).
The conference title is "Clarity through the Clouds: Translating the Future" and the keynote speaker will be James Cimino, M.D.  The program will focus on how health sciences librarians and libraries can manage and support the dynamic health information needs of our hospitals and academic constituents in the emergent world of collaborative computing. Dr. Cimino will discuss information challenges posed by the advent of translational medicine and offer some solutions that are available today.
Other program highlights include "DIY (Do-it-yourself) Library Assessment: The Basics", "Conversations on Assessment: Reactions From the Field" and "Gadgets and Gizmos," and a banquet that includes gaming...games are for everybody and we want to learn how to do it better!
Please join us early for one of the Continuing Education Sessions including Ann McKibbon's "Knowledge Transfer - Moving from Best Evidence to Best Practice" and the "Middle Atlantic Leadership Institute - Writing for Leaders".
There are many special events planned this year including a tour of the Syracuse Center of Excellence, the ever-popular basket auction and a tour of the Suds Factory, a local microbrewery.
Please visit our website http://www.unyoc.mlanet.org/meetings/index.shtml for the full program and check out our Facebook page for chapter updates. Stay tuned for additional details.
I feel that belonging to a chapter is the most cost-effective professional resource ever; so I belong to both NY-NJ and UNYOC.  I get so much from each of them and I have so many friends and colleagues that I enjoy.  Please join us in Syracuse this year!
Diana Cunningham, UNYOC Conference Chair