[mla-nynj] Position Announcement: Head Electronic Resources, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, Pennsylvania
jmuellenbach at tcmedc.org
Tue Sep 16 15:08:53 UTC 2008
Position Announcement: Head, Electronic Resources
The Commonwealth Medical College Library, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, invites applications and nominations for the position of Head, Electronic Resources.
This position is responsible for providing leadership in the development, maintenance and support of the Medical Library's website, including the selection and maintenance of the Library's e-resources. By working collaboratively with librarians, faculty and students on the website contents, the Head, Electronic Resources will provide support to The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC) curriculum and instructional program components. A primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that high quality online materials and a wide array of electronic resources are readily available to Medical Library users on a variety of platforms. This position will report to the Director, Medical Library and will supervise one FTE Medical Library employee.
* Manage e-resources subscriptions and licenses, including assisting with license negotiations, trouble-shooting access to e-resources, and tracking use of e-resources.
* Design and maintain the Library website, news blog, wiki, and other web applications. Special projects that will be led by this position will involve exploring new technologies that will enhance access to the Library's e-resources.
* Contribute to the Medical Library team by working cooperatively on library-wide initiatives.
* Manage e-resources access by creating and managing database link-outs; create and manage databases of the Library's e-resources and library clientele addresses; set up and manage journal listing software and other web applications
* Lead or participate as a member of the team on special projects that are developed as Library goals.
* Provide reference and other public services such as assisting students with research papers, troubleshooting and consulting on information management software, and providing other direct public services via e-mail, phone or in-person.
* Deliver educational services to the TCMC community including making presentations at faculty development and student workshops, classes and orientations; and providing tours as needed.
* Experience in developing complex, database-backed, dynamic websites, and in providing technology training.
* Demonstrated ability to manage electronic resources and information.
* Minimum of three years of relevant library experience.
* Commitment to a user-centered approach to web-based services, including web interfaces that meet the needs of Library users.
* AHIP membership
* Experience in an academic medical library
Education: Master's degree in library / information science from an ALA-accredited program.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Experience in using Web and graphic editors.
* Knowledge of website / information architecture principles.
* Knowledge of current and emerging technologies in digital and web-based library services.
* Knowledge of standard Windows packages; including PowerPoint, Publisher, and MS Access
* Excellent communication skills; strong initiative and ability to function independently and as a contributing member of a team.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize; ability to demonstrate innovation and flexibility.
* Knowledge of copyright and licensing issues.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 with excellent benefits.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and CV to: Human Resources, The Commonwealth Medical College, 150 North Washington Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503, or electronically to hr at tcmedc.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Commonwealth Medical College is proposed and in the development phase. We have received degree-granting authority from the Pennsylvania Department of Education and are in the process of seeking accreditation from the Liaison Committee on Medical Education. The Commonwealth Medical Education Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE.
Joanne M. Muellenbach, MLS, AHIP
Director, Medical Library
The Commonwealth Medical College
501 Vine Street, Ground Floor
Scranton, Pennsylvania 18509
Telephone: (570) 504-9627
Fax: (570) 504-9618
E-Mail: jmuellenbach at tcmedc.org <mailto:jmuellenbach at tcmedc.org>
Web: http://www.thecommonwealthmedical.com <http://www.thecommonwealthmedical.com/>
More information about the mla-nynj