[mla-nynj] Fall Chapter Meeting!!!

Micki Mcintyre mcintyre at umdnj.edu
Fri Oct 3 18:47:54 UTC 2008

It's that time of year...for the NY-NJ Chapter Annual Meeting!   This year we are leaning towards our artistic side...with Medical Humanities in Literature and Art.

Our keynote speaker will be Dr. Jack Coulehan who has published poetry and prose in JAMA and other journals.  The title of his talk is "Metaphor in Medicine: Physician as Poet, Poem as Patient".  In the afternoon we'll have a panel discussion about mixing art and medicine with such topics as: "Healing the Soul With Artwork", “Take Two Poems and Call Me in the Morning: The Evolution of a Hospital Based Literature and Medicine Program” and the Literature, Arts and Medicine Database.

The meeting will be at NYU on November 6th...there will be great presentations and great networking, so please plan to join us.  Limited seating, so register soon! You can find the registration form here: http://www.nynjmla.org/annualmeeting2008.html

Hope to see you there!
Micki McIntyre, Chair