[mla-nynj] Call for Stories for NY NJ MLA Chapter meeting - due this Wednesday Sep 30!

Jewell, Sarah jewells at nychhc.org
Mon Sep 28 17:38:03 UTC 2020

Hi NY NJ MLA members,

Just a reminder- the deadline for submitting your story is on Wed, Sep 30 at noon!

We have an exciting Storytelling Session planned this year during our Annual Meeting in lieu of our regular research submissions. We will be collecting 5-minute personal stories on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion from NY-NJ MLA Chapter members only. Submit the draft of your story (600 words or less) by Sep 30 for consideration (you can submit your story here: https://forms.gle/vXRYdUXW7qrrRrtGA). A few stories (from 3-4 members) will be selected by our judges (Shannon Jones, Beverly Murphy, Brenda Linares, Jerry Perry, and Sarah Jewell) to be shared at our Annual Meeting (each member who is selected will receive a 60 min online coaching session from storyteller and author Margot Leitman).

MARGOT LEITMAN is the author of the best-selling book LongStory Short: the Only Storytelling Guide You'll Ever Need, What's Your Story? & Gawky: Tales of an Extra Long Awkward Phase. She has written for DreamWorks TV, the Hallmark Channel, and the Pixl Network and worked for "This American Life" as the West Coast story scout. She is the founder of the storytelling program at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre and is a five-time winner of the Moth Storyslam and a winner of the Moth Grandslam, receiving the first ever score of a perfect 10. She travels all over the world teaching people to tell their stories.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sarah T. Jewell, MLIS
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Department Supervising Librarian
(718) 579-4896
jewells at nychhc.org<mailto:jewells at nychhc.org>

NYC Health + Hospitals

Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
Medical Library
234 East 149th Street, Rm 2D4
Bronx, New York 10451
[cid:image001.png at 01D65F4E.7FE15550]

Visit www.nychealthandhospitals.org <http://nychealthandhospitals.org>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-Mail may be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.