[mla-nynj] Save the Date: Fall NY NJ MLA Chapter Annual Meeting Online, Oct 15 & Oct 16

Jewell, Sarah jewells at nychhc.org
Tue May 12 14:25:59 UTC 2020

Hi Chapter members,

I hope this email finds you safe and healthy during this crisis.

I'm writing as the current Program Chair for the NY NJ MLA Chapter. We're planning to hold a virtual annual meeting this year, on Thursday Oct 15, from noon-4pm, and on Friday, Oct 16, from 9am - 1pm. Our theme will be The Round Table: Diversity & Equity. Stay tuned for more information soon.

Please SAVE THE DATE, and while we have a strong team already at work planning this meeting, if you would like to volunteer, especially if you have innovative ideas for how to engage the membership online, or if you have experience organizing other online meetings, please reach out to me personally at jewells at nychhc.org<mailto:jewells at nychhc.org> . I am also available to chat if anyone has any concerns about a virtual annual meeting.

While we are sad that we will not be holding an in person meeting this fall, the Programming Committee is excited to be bringing you a new kind of conference this fall. We have gotten input from the MLA Midcontinental Chapter and other groups who have offered these types of meetings before. There will still be opportunities for networking and interaction with other members online.

I look forward to hearing from you about your ideas of how we can best serve the membership during this time as we plan our fall meeting.

Thank you,

Sarah T. Jewell, MLIS
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Department Supervising Librarian
(718) 579-4896
jewells at nychhc.org<mailto:jewells at nychhc.org>

NYC Health + Hospitals

Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
Medical Library
234 East 149th Street, Rm 2D4
Bronx, New York 10451
[cid:image001.png at 01D62847.BA1166E0]

Visit www.nychealthandhospitals.org <http://nychealthandhospitals.org>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-Mail may be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.