[mla-nynj] Amaryllis for you! Reminder about NY NJ MLA Chapter Online Happy Hour tonight

Jewell, Sarah jewells at nychhc.org
Fri Mar 27 14:18:18 UTC 2020

Consider this pic of amaryllis a bouquet to each and every one of you for your hard work during this crisis.

My assistant placed the plant on my desk Monday- she has an amazing green thumb (yes, we are still working in person- I have been unable to get approval from management for remote work at this time despite providing MLA recommendations). Please do consider joining the Online Happy Hour this evening. Scroll to the end of this email for login info.

With the Online Happy Hour, I am trying to set a tone of uplifting spirits during this stressful time. I may play a little Gloria Gaynor (I Will Survive) for folks as they trickle in. Of course, I realize we may have struggles to share during this time, but I'd also like to challenge each of you who attends to try to share one positive thing you are doing to cope. If you enjoy poetry or prose, perhaps you can bring an uplifting poem or brief essay to share. Let's support each other as best we can. And keep in mind we should have a more formal work resource sharing session led by Helen-Ann Epstein and Nancy Glassman soon, too. Hope to see you tonight!

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D60421.08716790]

Topic: NY NJ MLA Chapter Online Happy Hour
Time: Mar 27, 2020 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/733892477?pwd=bTZSWkkzZmJCVzRKS1NYSkhEaU5rZz09

Meeting ID: 733 892 477
Password: 040959

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,733892477# US (New York)
+13126266799,,733892477# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US
        +1 301 715 8592 US
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 733 892 477
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adnyPzkRyO

Sarah T. Jewell, MLIS
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Department Supervising Librarian
(718) 579-4896
jewells at nychhc.org<mailto:jewells at nychhc.org>

NYC Health + Hospitals

Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
Medical Library
234 East 149th Street, Rm 2D4
Bronx, New York 10451
[cid:image001.png at 01D601E1.72FD98A0]

Visit www.nychealthandhospitals.org <http://nychealthandhospitals.org>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-Mail may be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.