[mla-nynj] Introducing the MLA UX Caucus Issues Tracker

Andy Hickner alh4014 at med.cornell.edu
Fri Jul 17 14:34:08 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

Please feel free to share the following announcement with any other groups or colleagues who you think might be interested. We have also announced it on the MEDLIB-L, expertsearching, and MLA Community Council listservs.

Are you tired of complaining repeatedly about technical bugs and other usability problems without getting results? The User Experience (UX) Caucus of the Medical Library Association invite all MLA members to help us pilot the new MLA UX Caucus Issues Tracker<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSctmf42YNTRQ9WY7O8uZjNaBcBfB7aKgLt915_K7g3OfwEq1A/viewform>.

The tracker is a webform designed to help information professionals report and communicate usability problems with e-resources and search interfaces. The Tracker includes an analytics view<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSctmf42YNTRQ9WY7O8uZjNaBcBfB7aKgLt915_K7g3OfwEq1A/viewanalytics> reporting aggregated and de-identified data. The UX Caucus welcomes constructive feedback, including suggestions for refinements and additional functionality.

Our goals for the tracker include improving communication between information professionals and vendors; better-informed licensing decisions; and ultimately, better interfaces for all searchers.

MLA members can find more detailed information about the Tracker in our recent announcement on MLA Connect<https://www.mlanet.org/p/bl/ar/blogaid=2943> or on the UX Caucus' homepage<https://www.mlanet.org/page/user-experience-caucus>. The caucus intends to periodically report on the data. Feedback on the tracker can be submitted to the UX Caucus Chair Louisa Verma<mailto:louisa.verma at gmail.com>, AHIP, or Chair-Elect Andrea E. McLellan<mailto:mclell at mcmaster.ca>, AHIP, or posted on the UX Caucus forum<https://www.mlanet.org/p/co/ly/gid=904> (caucus members only).

Andy Hickner
Education and Outreach Librarian
Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine
Samuel J. Wood Library & C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center
1300 York Avenue, Room C-115D
New York, NY 10065-4896
alh4014 at med.cornell.edu