[mla-nynj] Position Announcement: Saint Barnabas Medical Center - Director of Medical Library
rtmackes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 20:20:10 UTC 2020
Posting as requested.
The Medical Library Director leads the operations of the Library and provides comprehensive information, reference and consultation to members of the hospital community.
The schedule will be Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, some weekends and evenings may be required.
This position will report the Chief of Academic Medicine based at Saint Barnabas Medical Center.
* Providing reference services and conducting literature searches to Physicians, Residents, Nurses, and all Medical Center employees
* Providing orientation and instruction in the use of the Library’s resources and services – frequent sessions of 1:1 teaching literature searching
* Managing a small library staff of two employees; including annual evaluations
* Preparing and managing an annual library budget
* Remaining abreast of information trends by participation in professional meetings, serving on committees and attending workshops
* Analyzing and updating of the Medical Library’s print and electronic book and journal collections using criteria for quality, authority, subject coverage and currency
* Purchasing selected online resources through HSLANJ Group Licensing Consortium
* Presenting in large group settings i.e. Grand Rounds, Pride and Promise Group
* Enforcing COVID-19 Library Safety
* Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
* 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a medical or allied health library setting
* Certified by the Academy of Health Information Professionals
* Membership in MLA, NY/NJ Chapter of MLA and HSLANJ
* Member of IRB, IRC, GME, CME, and Nursing Inquiry Council Committees – completion of CITI Program (preferred)
* Demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills to support education and introduction of library resources
* Successful completion of all Orientation Programs
OUR MISSION, VISION & VALUES:
Employees of Saint Barnabas Medical Center are committed to exemplifying the Standards of - Exceptional Communication, Compassionate Care, Outstanding Teamwork, Professional Integrity and Ownership & Accountability - creating an environment of Compassionate Care, Healthcare Excellence and Superior Service (CCHESS) for all that enter our facility. If you share the commitment, dedication and drive meet the CCHESS challenge, we welcome your application.
Since 1865, Saint Barnabas Medical Center (SBMC), located at 94 Old Short Hills Road in Livingston, is New Jersey’s oldest nonprofit, nonsectarian hospital. The 597-bed institution is one of the largest health care providers in the state, treating more than 35,500 inpatients and over 84,000 Emergency Department patients each year. The Medical Center and the Saint Barnabas Ambulatory Care Center provide treatment and services for more than 300,000 outpatient visits annually.
The Medical Staff is comprised of more than 1,600 physicians in 100 medical and surgical specialties and there are over 3,400 employees. As a teaching institution, we have nine residency programs and one fellowship in Mammography and a shared Nephrology fellowship with Newark Beth Israel. There are a total of 154 residents and fellows.
Among Saint Barnabas’ nationally recognized facilities are The Burn Center, the only certified burn treatment facility in the state; the Barnabas Health Care System Renal and Pancreas Transplant Division, one of the most active transplant programs in the country; The Saint Barnabas Heart Centers, a world-class cardiac surgery program in affiliation with Newark Beth Israel Medical Center; The Neurology and Neurosurgery Program which is the only program in New Jersey to be ranked by US News and World Report as a Top Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. It is led by an unprecedented team of experts dedicated to diagnosing and treating disorders of the brain and nervous system; the Regional Perinatal Center, providing care for high-risk and critically ill infants in New Jersey’s leading Level III, a 56-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; comprehensive Pediatric Services including a dedicated intensive care unit; The Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, designated by the American Society of Bariatric Surgery; a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center, The Center for Sleep Disorders; The Comprehensive Stroke Center at Saint Barnabas; extensive services in robotic and minimally-invasive surgery, The Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science at Saint Barnabas, the widely recognized assisted reproductive technology program; and comprehensive cancer programs and services that includes one of the largest Radiation Oncology programs in northern New Jersey and a highly-specialized Gastrointestinal Cancer Center of Excellence.
SBMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Rebecca Hassert Ortiz
Human Resources Department
Saint Barnabas Medical Center
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mla-nynj