[mla-nynj] Call for panelists and posters Stony Brook University Libraries Open Access Symposium 2020

Jessica Koos Jessica.Koos at stonybrook.edu
Wed Jan 22 16:04:01 UTC 2020

Please excuse cross-postings.

Call for Posters and Panelists

Toward Equity and Open Knowledge

STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES 5th ANNUAL OPEN ACCESS SYMPOSIUM

FRIDAY, MARCH 6th, 2020

LOCATION Stony Brook, New York

OPEN DATE January 17th, 2020

DEADLINE February 18th, 2020

Toward Equity and Open Knowledge.   Stony Brook University Open Access
Symposium, is inviting applications for  panelists and or presented
posters.  Posters will be presented in a virtual format.

In keeping with this year’s theme, we’re interested in panelists and
posters that reflect the role of equity and open knowledge in open access
environments, systems, and practices. We welcome applications on a variety
of open access topics,  including but not limited to:

- Open Access Publishing. Insight and best practices for publishing open
access articles from the point of view of researchers, authors, publishers
and librarians

- Open data  and data management.  Topics for discussion include but are
not limited to: identifying repositories, HIPAA compliance and preparing
data for reuse.

- OER use and implementation

- Open Access and the Tenure Process

APPLY We will receive and review proposals until February 18, 2020.

LEARN MORE  Contact Mona Ramonetti, Head of Scholarly Communication.
mona.ramonetti at stonybrook.edu

[image: image.png]

--
Jessica Koos, MLS, MSEd, AHIP