[mla-nynj] 2020 Ida and George Eliot Prize – Call for Nominations

Reich, Barbara Barbara.Reich at hackensackmeridian.org
Mon Sep 16 11:52:52 UTC 2019

Forwarding per request.

Barbara S. Reich, MLS, AHIP-D
Director
Medical Library
[HMH-HUMC-1]
30 Prospect Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601
T: 551-996-2326 | F: 551-996-2467
W: HackensackMeridianHealth.org<http://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication
may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, please be advised that
you have received this communication in error and that any dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please contact me at the above address or number.

2020 Ida and George Eliot Prize – Call for Nominations

How do medical librarians make a difference? What are the standards for our profession...and where can we do better? Who has shown us the data that will help shape our future?

The Ida and George Eliot Prize is presented annually for a work published in the preceding calendar year that has been judged most effective in furthering medical librarianship. Nominations are judged according to contribution to the profession, impact, arrangement of information, and expression of content.

Please consider nominating a 2019 publication that represents high-impact medical librarian scholarship and that has asked (and answered) worthwhile questions about our profession and the communities we serve.

The deadline for nominations is November 1, 2019.

Submitters are asked to provide a citation and any other pertinent information regarding the availability, content, and impact of the work. A complete description of requirements and an online nomination form can be found at: http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=244.<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.mlanet.org_p_cm_ld_fid-3D244.-23-5Fblank&d=DwMF-g&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=GE1EC-3899YIbDkxX2jniow9SJViCAje_lyw9bGzky0&s=O3fthBtWdW63Q-B3nRChBVWI_-UP0Yo5J_nZdajHl9Q&e=>

Below are the last three publications honored by the Eliot Prize. Please take this opportunity to voice your professional values by nominating this year's recipient!

·         2019: “Advancing the Conversation: Next Steps for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Queer (LGBTQ) Health Sciences Librarianship<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__jmla.mlanet.org_ojs_jmla_article_view_206&d=DwMF-g&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=GE1EC-3899YIbDkxX2jniow9SJViCAje_lyw9bGzky0&s=UG6LeLEU5xyhAH_ii8pMNz7kkLjaMP8XMRkcdiNvwvk&e=>,” Blake W. Hawkins; Martin Morris; Tony Nguyen, AHIP; John Siegel, AHIP; and Emily Vardell

·         2018: "A competency framework for librarians involved in systematic reviews<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__jmla.mlanet.org_ojs_jmla_article_view_189&d=DwMF-g&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=GE1EC-3899YIbDkxX2jniow9SJViCAje_lyw9bGzky0&s=e3Es6e1H6v22jDevXafwLUukDB4AmjxzOU7inv7E4jE&e=>"

·         2017: none awarded
2016: "Examining the Impact of the National Institutes of Health Public Access Policy on the Citation Rates of Journal Articles<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov_pmc_articles_PMC4598137&d=DwMF-g&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=GE1EC-3899YIbDkxX2jniow9SJViCAje_lyw9bGzky0&s=Eslm1XZLGeWtKegG9a-DX8ZpnMOHx6CZLieJr8BpOJQ&e=>"

If you have questions, please contact Pamela Herring, Jury Chair, at pamela.herring at ucf.edu<mailto:pamela.herring at ucf.edu>.

Thank you very much,

Ida & George Eliot Prize Jury

This message was secured by Zix(R).