[mla-nynj] Job Posting: Reference and Instruction Librarian, Mount Sinai West / Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
rachel.pinotti at mssm.edu
Thu Nov 21 21:34:21 UTC 2019
We are currently welcoming applications for our Reference and Instruction Librarian position at the Mount Sinai West / Mount Sinai St. Luke’s campuses. Please see job details below.
The Mount Sinai Health System is seeking dynamic candidates for its Reference and Instruction Librarian for the Mount Sinai West / Mount Sinai St. Luke’s campuses. Reporting to the Director for Library Education and Research Services, this position will work with the MSWSL community and wider Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) community, providing education services, reference consultations and related services.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports the MSWSL community, including nurses, housestaff and faculty, in the effective use of library resources and services
• Participate in MSHS Libraries Reference & Education services by holding one-on-one research consultations, fielding reference inquiries and teaching instructional sessions for departments and programs on an as-needed basis
• Serves as liaison to Nursing Education, participation in Nursing Competency Days and New Nurse Orientation
• Develops and leads courses on literature searching, reference management, evidence-based practice, and scholarly publishing
• Maintains and enhances library’s web presence, including updating and enhancing LibGuides and LibAnswers content
• Works on special projects as needed to support the Mount Sinai Health System Libraries, particularly in the area of scholarly communications
• Develops and maintains awareness of current trends and best practices in reference and instruction services, within and beyond the medical library community
• MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program or current enrollment in an accredited MLS/MILS program.
• Strong customer service orientation
• Proficient written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Experience providing library reference and instruction services in a medical and/or academic library setting
• Experience using biomedical and interdisciplinary resources such as PubMed/MEDLINE, CINAHL, and Web of Science
• Knowledge of the Evidence-Based Practice model
• Experience using LibApps platform (LibGuides, LibAnswers, etc.)
• Experience with EndNote, Zotero and other reference management tools
Please email cover letter and resume to Rachel.Pinotti at mssm.edu<mailto:Rachel.Pinotti at mssm.edu>.
Rachel Pinotti, MLIS, AHIP
Director, Library Education & Research Services
Levy Library, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Box 1102 - One Gustave L. Levy Pl.
New York, NY 10029-6574
Email: rachel.pinotti at mssm.edu<mailto:rachel.pinotti at mssm.edu>
Follow us on Twitter @Levy_Library<https://twitter.com/Levy_Library> to learn about Levy Library events and initiatives.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mla-nynj