[mla-nynj] Position posting: Director, Biomedical Library

Robb Mackes rtmackes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:13:29 UTC 2019

Dear MLA-Philly, NY and NJ colleagues,

I'm sharing the announcement, below, regarding a change in my position at
Penn and our recruitment for a new Director of the Penn Biomedical Library.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions regarding
the new Director position.

Best regards to all,

-Barbara Cavanaugh

Barbara Bernoff Cavanaugh

Asst. University Librarian for Health Sciences & STEM Libraries

University of Pennsylvania / Biomedical Library

Johnson Pavilion, 3610 Hamilton Walk

Philadelphia, PA 19104-6060

215-898-8020 / bbc at upenn.edu / www.library.upenn.edu/biomed
<http://www.library.upenn.edu/biomed>

 <https://pennbiomedlibrary.blog/> https://pennbiomedlibrary.blog/

Twitter: @BarbaraCavana11

_________

Subject: Position posting: Director, Biomedical Library

I am pleased to announce that we are recruiting for a Director, Biomedical
Library, who will report to Barbara Cavanaugh in her larger role of
Assistant University Librarian for Health Sciences & STEM Libraries.

The Director will oversee and guide the operations and the many high-end
services of the Biomedical Library, building upon existing relationships and
fostering new ones with the schools and centers served by the Biomedical
Library.  The new Director will serve as an adviser to Barbara and will
allow her to think more broadly about the health sciences and STEM
libraries, which are areas that have been identified as critically important
to advance during the course of implementing the new strategic plan.

A full posting of the position is on Careers at Penn: JR00012461
<https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Me
dical-School-Johnson-Pavilion/Director--Biomedical-Library_JR00012461>

Dick Griscom

--

Richard Griscom

Associate University Librarian for Departmental Libraries

University of Pennsylvania Libraries