[mla-nynj] Distance Library Services Conference 2020 - Website Live & CFPs Open

Robb Mackes rtmackes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 15:46:18 UTC 2019

Forwarded per request.  Please address inquiries as noted in the message.

/rtm

--------

We are pleased to announce that the site for the Distance Library Services
Conference 2020 is now live and the Call for Proposals is OPEN.  If you wish
to submit a proposal, please create a new account in order to access the CFP
submission section. The site can be accessed here:
https://commons.erau.edu/dls-conference/2020/
<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommons.e
rau.edu%2Fdls-conference%2F2020%2F&data=02%7C01%7Ckec5013%40PSU.EDU%7Ce210ad
259461438df25808d7690c194d%7C7cf48d453ddb4389a9c1c115526eb52e%7C0%7C0%7C6370
93372999525589&sdata=HKMC39xch5bJwgRSvP3tNLsM4zyK%2FD1CnHs50xCZ94A%3D&reserv
ed=0>

Several orders of business and changes for the upcoming conference:

*	Proposals will be accepted for posters, presentations, and
workshop/unconference sessions
*	We are accepting proposals for TWO travel awards - the recurring New
Presenter Award & the new Student Poster Award

*	Please encourage any MLIS/MLS students you know who are interested
in or are currently studying Distance Librarianship to submit a poster
proposal and to apply for the travel stipend

*	DLS 2020 will have vendors present and is actively seeking
sponsorships from entities who cannot be present at the conference
*	Conference & Hotel Registration are both open - book your rooms ASAP
*	Call for Proposals closes on December 20 at 11:59 PM

If you have any questions about the conference, proposal submissions,
travel, etc. please do not hesitate to reach out to Torrie Raish and Kat
Phillips (vrc112 at psu.edu <mailto:vrc112 at psu.edu> , kec5013 at psu.edu
<mailto:kec5013 at psu.edu> ) at any time.  We are happy to help anyone
navigate this process and to answer questions as they arise.  We know that
you've all be eagerly awaiting and anticipating the launch of the site and
opening of the CFPs and we truly thank you for your patience as we navigated
the wild west that is conference planning!

We are so very excited to see everyone in July 2020 and look forward to
welcoming you all to Penn State!  A heartfelt thank you to Embry-Riddle for
partnering with us to create and launch the conference site.

Sincerely,

Kat & Torrie