[mla-nynj] Distance Library Services Conference 2020 - Website live & CFPs OPEN

Reich, Barbara Barbara.Reich at hackensackmeridian.org
Thu Nov 14 15:02:32 UTC 2019

Forwarding per request.

Barbara S. Reich, MLS, AHIP-D
Director
Medical Library
[HMH-HUMC-1]
30 Prospect Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601
T: 551-996-2326 | F: 551-996-2467
W: HackensackMeridianHealth.org<http://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication
may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, please be advised that
you have received this communication in error and that any dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please contact me at the above address or number.

________________________________
Subject: Distance Library Services Conference 2020 - Website live & CFPs OPEN

Message:

We are pleased to announce that the site for the Distance Library Services Conference 2020 is now live and the Call for Proposals is OPEN.  If you wish to submit a proposal, please create a new account in order to access the CFP submission section. The site can be accessed here: https://commons.erau.edu/dls-conference/2020/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com_-3Furl-3Dhttps-253A-252F-252Fcommons.erau.edu-252Fdls-2Dconference-252F2020-252F-26data-3D02-257C01-257Ckec5013-2540PSU.EDU-257Ce210ad259461438df25808d7690c194d-257C7cf48d453ddb4389a9c1c115526eb52e-257C0-257C0-257C637093372999525589-26sdata-3DHKMC39xch5bJwgRSvP3tNLsM4zyK-252FD1CnHs50xCZ94A-253D-26reserved-3D0&d=DwMFAw&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=QUQSdFDHNTzf25sPZQaf8NAG69KxxY_6ZtqyJ4IV5JU&s=qGBERVzKVVDknCkkuZipTFl4y6ZPe0XeoiLatAFBJpU&e=>

Several orders of business and changes for the upcoming conference:

  *   Proposals will be accepted for posters, presentations, and workshop/unconference sessions
  *   We are accepting proposals for TWO travel awards - the recurring New Presenter Award & the new Student Poster Award

     *   Please encourage any MLIS/MLS students you know who are interested in or are currently studying Distance Librarianship to submit a poster proposal and to apply for the travel stipend

  *   DLS 2020 will have vendors present and is actively seeking sponsorships from entities who cannot be present at the conference
  *   Conference & Hotel Registration are both open - book your rooms ASAP
  *   Call for Proposals closes on December 20 at 11:59 PM
If you have any questions about the conference, proposal submissions, travel, etc. please do not hesitate to reach out to Torrie Raish and Kat Phillips (vrc112 at psu.edu<mailto:vrc112 at psu.edu>, kec5013 at psu.edu<mailto:kec5013 at psu.edu>) at any time.  We are happy to help anyone navigate this process and to answer questions as they arise.  We know that you've all be eagerly awaiting and anticipating the launch of the site and opening of the CFPs and we truly thank you for your patience as we navigated the wild west that is conference planning!

We are so very excited to see everyone in July 2020 and look forward to welcoming you all to Penn State!  A heartfelt thank you to Embry-Riddle for partnering with us to create and launch the conference site.

Sincerely,
Kat & Torrie

This message was secured by Zix(R).