[mla-nynj] Report from the Chapter Merger Steering Committee

Robb Mackes rtmackes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 19:00:00 UTC 2019

The following report was presented at the NYNJ Chapter Annual Business
Meeting earlier today:

*Report from the Chapter Merger Committee – November 6, 2019*

Members of the committee:

*NYNJ*

Diana Delgado, Sarah Jewell, Micki McIntyre (Co-Chair), Stacy Posillico,
Yingting Zhang

*Philadelphia*

Abby Adamczyk, Stephanie Ferretti, Robb Mackes (Co-Chair), Ben Saracco,
Daniel Verbit

Melissa Ratajeski – MLA Chapter Council Representative

We have been meeting via conference calls and trying to organize issues
such as: Who takes office at the point of the merger, who succeeds them,
terms of officers and election process, when and where to have Fall
Meetings and Spring Dinners, banking and money issues, stable unchanging
address, and more, including…a proposed name.  We wanted a name with:
dignity, history, shared meaningfulness, geographically neutral, one that
represented all 4 states; so we propose:

*Liberty Chapter *
*of the Medical Library Association*

   - NY and NJ share the Statue of Liberty
   - Philadelphia is home to the Liberty Bell
   - NJ is home to Liberty International Airport
   - Delaware state motto is “Liberty and Independence”

Once the committee has more “ducks in a row” we will send out the
information in email.  Meanwhile, we encourage you to let us know what you
think about any of this.  Let us know if you have a different name, one
that fulfills our criteria. If you have a particular concern about any of
the merger, let us know and we’ll discuss it.  You can email any of the
members of the committee to comment.

And just for grins:  Take a selfie and post to the chapter social media if
you are near the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Bell, signs for Liberty
International Airport or near a flag or sign with the Delaware motto on
it.

Report submitted by: Robb Mackes and Micki McIntyre, Committee Co-chairs
--
Robb
--

Phone: (570) 856-5952