[mla-nynj] SMARTFest at Weill Cornell – Feb 28, 10:30-3:00

Diana Delgado did2005 at med.cornell.edu
Fri Feb 8 22:23:56 UTC 2019

Greetings NY/NJ Chapter members,

It’s that time of year again!

The Samuel J. Wood Library at Weill Cornell invites you to our sixth annual SMARTFest on Thursday, February 28th.  The event runs from 10:30am – 3:00pm.

SMARTFest is a yearly event that provides WCM faculty, staff, and students, a chance to learn more about ITS and Library services, view demos, and ask our tech experts questions about which services will help them with their research and office tasks. We even cap off the event with some very nice raffle prizes for Weill Cornell participants.

Have you ever wanted to host an event that brings the campus into the library?   Are you curious about what it takes to make this happen, or what a large scale event like this could look like?   We invite you to come and learn from our experiences.  While it takes leadership, excellence, teamwork and customer service, we are confident that if we can do it, you can do it even better!

Take a look at our first community video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hxo6_D4dvY&feature=youtu.be> advertising the event or visit our SMARTFest 2019 website<https://its.weill.cornell.edu/smartfest> to see a list of participating vendors, our schedule of expert demos,  and to get directions to the event.

I welcome each of you to stop and speak with our librarians and me to learn more about what it takes to coordinate this fun-filled event!

Last year we had over 1,100 participants and this year colleagues from Countway Library in Harvard plan to attend.
If you are interested in attending please respond directly to me by February 20th so that we can prepare a list for WCM Security.

Please note non-employees/students are not eligible for the lottery.

Cheers,
Diana

Diana Delgado, MLS, AHIP
Associate Director, Information, Education and Clinical Services
Weill Cornell Medicine
Samuel J. Wood Library & C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center
1300 York Avenue Room C-115
New York, NY 10065-4896
(P)646-962-2550
(F)212-746-6494