[mla-nynj] call for volunteers for the Chapter Web Team

Andrew L Hickner andrew.hickner at shu.edu
Fri Dec 6 17:55:45 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing on behalf of the NY-NJ Chapter Web Team. We are hoping to recruit 1 or more additional volunteers to join our team, which is currently just Vicki Sciuk and me.

We're looking for someone who would be willing to commit up to 2 hours/month to help with routine content updates (creating and editing blog posts, pages, etc). We're also beginning to investigate and plan for the merger with the Philadelphia chapter, which will involve a lot of research and strategic decision-making as we decide what to do with our respective sites. The busiest period is August-November, when we are getting things ready for the chapter's annual meeting.

This is a great opportunity if you:

  *   Are interested in getting some experience using a web content management system (our site currently runs on Wordpress);
  *   Are interested in getting hands-on experience working with a team on a large technical project;
  *   Are newer to the Chapter and/or interested in getting more involved;
  *   Consider yourself somewhat tech-savvy (if you've edited or created a LibGuide, you can probably do this work!)
  *   Have an eye for proof-reading and enjoy writing
  *   Enjoy working collaboratively with others

If you're interested in learning more and/or volunteering, reply to me off-list.

Have a great weekend!

Andy Hickner, MSI
Librarian for the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
Seton Hall University | Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus
andrew.hickner at shu.edu<mailto:andrew.hickner at shu.edu> | 1-973-542-6973
http://library.shu.edu/ihs