[mla-nynj] NLM and NN/LM training opportunities taking place this week
Barger, Renae Elaine
rbarger at pitt.edu
Wed Aug 3 17:52:15 UTC 2016
Below are some great NLM and NN/LM training opportunities for you to take advantage of this week and next. These are open to everyone, so feel free to share widely!
1. Happening Tomorrow - still time to register<https://nnlm.gov/mar/training/register.html%20?schedule_id=3991>! Focus on NLM Resources: Genetics Home Reference<https://nnlm.gov/mar/training/focus_schedule> - Join Stephanie Morrison, Team Coordinator for Genetics Home Reference at the National Library of Medicine to learn about this resource for genetic conditions and genes and chromosomes associated with those conditions. The resource has a new re-design and hundreds of educational images! August 4th / 12:00pm - 1pm ET / Sponsored by MAR/ Webinar / Details and registration<https://nnlm.gov/mar/training/focus_schedule>
2. New! Introduction to NN/LM MAR and NLM Resources for Academic Librarians. Whether you are new to NN/LM or need a refresher on applicable NLM resources to support health sciences programs, this is for you! August 8th /12:00pm - 12:45pm ET / Sponsored by MAR / Webinar / Details and registration<https://nnlm.gov/ntc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=1052>
3. Rescheduled - August 10th - Grants and Proposal Writing: Applying for NN/LM MAR funding<https://nnlm.gov/ntc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=511> / Wednesday, August 10th / 10:00-11:30am ET - Registration required<https://nnlm.gov/mar/training/register.html%20?schedule_id=4032> **NOTE: If you were already registered for the Aug. 3 offering, you do not need to register again.
4. Super Searcher/Enhancing Your Online Search Super Powers / Sponsored by NN/LM Southeastern Atlantic Region / Online / Begins August 8th / Details and registration<https://nnlm.gov/ntc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=557>
5. New Class! From Beyond Our Borders: Providing Multilingual and Multicultural Health Information - Sponsored by MAR / self-paced via Moodle / August 15th - September 6th / Details and registration<https://nnlm.gov/mar/blog/2016/07/28/training-opportunity-from-beyond-our-borders-providing-multilingual-and-multicultural-health-information/>
Additional trainings being offered through NN/LM and NLM may be viewed on our class schedule<http://nnlm.gov/mar/training-schedule>.
Sent to you by....
NN/LM Middle Atlantic Region - ***Funded by the National Library of Medicine of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number UG4LM012342 with the University of Pittsburgh***
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mla-nynj