[mla-nynj] Job Posting: Medical Librarian at Mount Sinai Beth Israel
laura.schimming at mssm.edu
Wed Dec 9 19:21:30 UTC 2015
We are seeking applicants for the position of Mount Sinai Health System Librarian at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Library. To apply, please email CV and cover letter to laura.schimming at mssm.edu
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Position Title: Mount Sinai Health System Librarian
Location: Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Library
Reporting to the Levy Library deputy director, the Mount Sinai health system librarian at Beth Israel ensures that system hospital libraries actively and creatively serve as partners in the educational, research and clinical missions of the Mount Sinai Health System by providing responsive and innovative library services. This role oversees, evaluates and develops local and library system collections, library applications and systems, reference and instructional programs and develops new services focusing on the effective use of information resources by clinicians and staff. The Health System Librarian plays a key role in planning and implementing the library system integration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with the Levy Library deputy director, as well as with Mount Sinai Health System member librarians, the health system librarian is responsible for the following areas:
A. Collection maintenance
· Responsible for maintaining and managing access to library electronic resources and library services
· Responsible for managing library resources’ invoicing and payments for Health System Hospitals
B. Metrics & reporting
· Provides monthly usage, gate counts and library related activities’ metrics
C. Outreach & programming
· Develops and executes innovative library programs and services, within the context of the Mount Sinai Health System’s needs and short- and long-term planned development for hospital libraries, and constantly evaluates their effectiveness.
· Provides high quality leadership, vision, planning and delivery of all reference and instructional services, including reference assistance, instruction sessions, orientations, one-on-one consultations and outreach for hospital clinicians and staff.
· Develops and creates innovative communications and instructional materials for clinicians and staff both online and print.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating health system library web presence in accordance with the web styles of Icahn School of Medicine and Levy Library
D. Staff & Facilities Management:
· Manages all staff’s daily operations including hours reporting, scheduling, hours of operations and performance appraisals.
· Trains, directs, supervises, and provides feedback on library staff and volunteers in accordance with health system hospital policies of operations for hospital libraries.
· Maintains a keen awareness of the status and trends in health science librarianship and ensures staff is up to date on latest developments.
· Continually monitors the Hospital Center’s information needs through mechanisms which include: attendance at staff, committees, and department head meetings, personal contacts with hospital staff members, interaction with library clients, and regular perusal of Hospital Center documents.
· Participates in the management of the Libraries’ budget, helps to determine fiscal priorities, and controls expenditures to remain within approved funding levels.
· Responsible for all library facilities and ensures a welcoming, professional environment fitted for medical research and study.
· Oversees daily library operations including circulation, shelving, weeding, Inter Library Loan and collection maintenance, including print artifacts.
E. Strategy & Vision
· Consistent with the mission of the Levy Library and Mount Sinai Health System, participates in developing the hospitals libraries’ goals and objectives.
· Effectively supplements the Library’s collections and other resources by establishing and maintaining liaisons with other libraries, library networks and library agencies.
· Develops an outreach and engagement plan for marketing library resources and services working closely with hospitals’ constituents.
Required Education and Experience:
· Master's degree earned from an ALA-accredited Library/Information Science program.
· Experience with library marketing and outreach programming including web and social outlets.
· Experience with designing, building and executing training programs and venues.
· Experience with electronic usage date collection, analysis and metrics reporting.
· Experience searching the biomedical literature and other scientific databases.
· Experience with vendor negotiations, invoicing and budget planning.
· Minimum of two years’ experience managing staff and cross organizational duties.
· Experience working with hospital residents, clinicians and staff.
· Excellent communications, presentations and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to work collegially across departments.
To apply, please email CV and cover letter to laura.schimming at mssm.edu
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Laura Schimming, MLS
Gustave L. and Janet W. Levy Library
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
(e) laura.schimming at mssm.edu<mailto:laura.schimming at mssm.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mla-nynj