[mla-nynj] USF Assistant Director - Reference and Education
rtmackes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:53:59 UTC 2015
Forwarding per request.
Please excuse cross postings.
Assistant Director, Reference and Education Librarian
Liaison - Morsani College of Medicine
University of South Florida - Shimberg Health Sciences Library
The Shimberg Health Sciences Library serves the students, faculty, and staff
of the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Pharmacy and the School
of Physical Therapy. The Library supports the educational mission of USF
Health by offering access to research materials, conducting instructional
programs, and providing study space.
Essential Functions of the Assistant Director: Responsible for the
leadership and administration of reference and education services. The
duties include: overall planning, organizing, and staffing for the
department; formulating, implementing and participating in reference and
education programs; participating in future needs assessment for library
services; assisting executive leadership in developing policies; and
fostering a creative, team-oriented work environment by encouraging and
promoting communication, collaboration, and excellent customer service.
Serves as the Morsani College of Medicine liaison. This position reports
directly to the Shimberg Health Sciences Library Director.
* MLS/MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution
* Extensive experience in an academic medical library
* Minimum of 3 years of increasingly higher levels of responsibility
* Strong supervisory experience including annual performance
evaluations of librarians
* Substantial experience in bibliographic instruction, database
searching, instructional design, and knowledge in using resources in an
academic medical library environment
* Knowledge of current and emerging technologies in reference and
* Ability to work in a collaborative, service oriented, rapidly
changing environment to accomplish mutual goals
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
* Plan and implement complex projects, and demonstrate a record of
solid management skills and creative leadership
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* More than 5 years of increasingly higher levels of responsibility,
including strong supervisory experience
* Experience in providing reference and education services to an
accredited College of Medicine
* Experience participating in systematic reviews
* Experience in teaching evidence-based practice literature searching
* Experience and working knowledge of bibliography management software
* Ability to work effectively within a complex organization
* Ability to develop and manage budgets
Salary and Benefits
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track).
Benefits include a competitive health package, and TIAA/CREF and other
Beginning salary $75,000.
* Florida does not have a state income tax
* Moving expenses will be negotiated
Application deadline is December 31, 2015
(Application reviews will continue after January 4, 2016)
All applications must be submitted through the USF Careers website. To
1. Select the below link to access the USF Careers site
2. Select "Access Careers at USF" (located in the middle of the website)
3. Click on the "Search Jobs Now" box
4. Enter "Shimberg" in the keywords search box
5. When the job displays, click on "Apply" and then click on "Register
Now" to create an account or Sign In to access an existing account.
According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them are open
to the public.
For ADA accommodations, please contact Larry Cramer at 974-2775 or
<mailto:lcramer at health.usf.edu> lcramer at health.usf.edu at least five working
days prior to need.
USF is an Equal Opportunity Institution.
USF Health's mission is to envision and implement the future of health. It
is the partnership of the University of South Florida Morsani College of
Medicine, the College of Nursing, the College of Public Health, the College
of Pharmacy, the School of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Physical
Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences; and the USF Physician's Group. USF is a
global research university ranked 34th in federal research expenditures for
Rose L. Bland, MA, MPA, AHIP
Shimberg Health Sciences Library
University of South Florida
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC31
Tampa, FL 33612-4799
Website: <http://www.health.usf.edu/library> www.health.usf.edu/library
The Shimberg Library
Vision: Creating a healthier world one person at a time.
Mission: Provide state-of-the-art biomedical information to students,
and patients to improve health in the Tampa Bay area and beyond.
Motto: Staying informed is a healthy habit.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6739 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the mla-nynj