[mla-nynj] FW: Web-scale Discovery Tool Survey

Mahnaz Tehrani mtehrani at nyit.edu
Mon Jan 13 19:58:39 UTC 2014

Please forgive any cross-posting.

We have been investigating web-scale discovery tools (such as EBSCO's EDS, Serials Solutions' Summon, Swets' SwetsWise Searcher, etc.) as a way to provide our users with a single search box that can search our various licensed electronic resources including databases, textbooks, journals, etc., at one time.

We're interested in learning about the experiences and attitudes of other medical librarians regarding discovery tools and would appreciate your taking this very brief survey.  We would like your input even if you don't have a discovery tool in your library.

We will report the findings at MLA '14, but if you would like a summary of the results, then just let us know.

We need your response by January 24.

Please follow the link below to take the survey:
https://uschsl.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2lVXckMIIaKzN7D

We appreciate your willingness to complete this survey.
Thanks!

Janis Brown, Associate Director, Systems & Information Technology
Mary Fran Prottsman, Associate Director, Collection Resources
Megan Rosenbloom, Head, Metadata & Content Management
Jin Wu, Emerging Technologies Librarian

Norris Medical Library
University of Southern California
2003 Zonal Avenue