[mla-nynj] Correction to thanks

Laura Barrett barrettlpa at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:08:20 UTC 2010

(Sorry for the TO: address in the prior posting, which would have directed responses to the listserv.  Please direct any responses to me at barrettlpa at hotmail.com.  Thank you.)

To my NY/NJ Chapter, MLA friends and colleagues:

This message is as heartfelt as it is belated.  I want to thank the membership of the New York/New Jersey Chapter of MLA for honoring me with its Lifetime Achievement award, in the form of a beautiful plaque which I will always cherish.

I regret I was unable to receive the plaque in person at the annual Fall Meeting; I would have enjoyed that.  Unfortunately, I was dealing with a family health crisis at the time, and was delayed in retrieving your lovely gift.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very happy and healthy holiday season and New Year.

Warm regards,

Laura