[mla-nynj] 3 by the Sea: Early Bird registration extended through Wed., Sept. 2nd
glassman at aecom.yu.edu
Thu Aug 27 17:26:37 UTC 2009
It's not too late to get a discount!
The deadline for Early Bird registration for the 3 by the Sea MLA
TriChapter Conference has been extended through Wednesday, September
2nd. Regular registration ends Friday, September 18th.
* 9/02 Early Bird deadline--save $50!
* 9/18 Regular registration deadline
If you are paying by check, your registration date will reflect the date
you sign up through Acteva--NOT the date of the check, therefore it is
*okay* for us to receive your check beyond the Early Bird or Regular
registration cut-off date. You will receive a confirmation email when
your check has been received.
Register online: http://www.acteva.com/go/3bythesea
Conference website: http://3bythesea.pbworks.com/
Great reasons to attend from Conference Co-Chair Cynthia McClellan:
* Early Bird Registration Discount! Pay now (by credit card), or later
(by check)—the price is the same.
* This dynamite program will feature leading experts on relevant issues
in technology and patient care, as well as innovative sessions including
Speed Mentoring, Speed Updating, AHIP counseling, Research Happy
Hour--and much more! (http://3bythesea.pbworks.com/Program)
* Superb lineup of 60 posters. Check out the research, innovations, and
accomplishments your colleagues have been working hard on!
* Awesome speakers! Keynotes include Dr. P.M. Forni (Johns Hopkins
Civility Project), Lee Rainey (Pew Internet and & Life). Also featuring
M.J. Tooey (esteemed, award-winning health sciences librarian), and
Karen Drenkard (PhD nurse Director of the Magnet Recognition Program at
ANCC, who'll speak at the Hospital Librarians' Luncheon).
* Additionally, savor a delicious Conference Banquet--and yet another
awesome speaker--as we are entertained by noted local historian, author,
and speaker, Margaret Buchholtz, on the history and culture of the
Jersey Shore. (http://3bythesea.pbworks.com/Speakers &
* Networking opportunities galore! Where else can you join your regional
colleagues from 3 chapters in such a beautiful location? Be it informal
meet-ups, attending a dine-around…. C’mon out to reconnect or connect
with old friends and new!
* Continuing education offers a host of informative and inspiring of
pre- and post-Conference learning opportunities!
* Exhibits galore! Connect with vendors of the latest in databases,
publications, and library products.
* Support your Chapter and stay involved by attending your NY/NJ or
Mid-Atlantic Annual Meeting…. Or attend additional Chapter, State, and
* Experience the ambiance of the historic Jersey Shore at the notable
Resorts Hotel (http://3bythesea.pbworks.com/Hotel). Enjoy the sea, try
your luck in the casinos, stroll the boardwalk—whatever “floats your boat!"
3 by the Sea Finance Committee
This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from
the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No.
N01-LM-6-3502 under the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
Nancy Glassman, MLS, AHIP
D. Samuel Gottesman Library
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, NY 10461
More information about the mla-nynj