[mla-nynj] Health Care Reform Proposal

Mahnaz Tehrani mtehrani1985 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 20:27:01 UTC 2009

Dear Members,

The informational file that you are about to see has been provided by Dale
Dirks and Jeremy Farris and was sent to me by Mary Langman. Thanks to
Elizabeth Taylor in our Web team uploading the file on NY/NJ Advocacy Page.

Thanks,
Mahnaz Tehrani
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
As you know, Congress is currently considering legislation to reform the
nation’s health insurance system. Attached is a detailed side-by-side
summary comparing the major reform bills in the House and Senate. The three
committees of jurisdiction over health care in the House have all  reported
a bill.  House leaders are expected to bring that legislation to the floor
in the Fall.  In the Senate, one of two committees with jurisdiction have
reported legislation (Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions).
The other panel , Committee on Finance, has yet to finalize its proposal.
Below, Please see the following from Health and Medicine Counsel of
Washington.  This is informational and no action is necessary at this time.

Click here please:

Health Care Reform Proposal <http://www.nynjmla.org/advocate.html>

Mary M. Langman, Coordinator
Information Issues and Policy