[mla-nynj] METRO PDA SIG meeting - iPhones in Libraries - 11/29/07

Nancy Glassman glassman at aecom.yu.edu
Thu Nov 15 15:19:32 UTC 2007

The next METRO PDA Special Interest Group meeting will take place on
Thursday, November 29, 2007, from 3:00-4:30pm at METRO headquarters, 57 East
11th Street, 4th floor.

The topic will be: The iPhone in Libraries - Apple's iPhone has been named
"the invention of the year" by InformationWeek magazine. Is it really the
handheld panacea it seems to be? Join the PDA SIG as we discuss the pros,
the cons, and potential library applications for the iPhone and related
devices. Linda Braun will on hand to demo her iPhone and share her
experiences. If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch, or some other new & nifty
handheld device, please feel free to bring it and share your experience as
well.

If you plan to attend, or for more information, contact Nancy Glassman at
glassman at aecom.yu.edu or Elisabete Ferretti at eferrett at nyit.edu

To learn more about the PDA & Handheld Computing SIG, visit our brand new
wiki, http://www.metro.org/collaborate/index.php/PDAs_and_Handheld_Devices.

Nancy Glassman, MLS, AHIP
Systems Librarian
D. Samuel Gottesman Library